Little Company of Mary Hospital seeks dedicated, friendly, mission-driven individuals, who are willing to donate their time at least once a week to the Hospital’s Volunteer Resources department. There are volunteer opportunities for greeters, transporters, gift shop assistance, and many more.
The volunteers at Little Company of Mary Hospital play a vital role and are an integral part of the Hospital’s mission: “In Solidarity with the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary, we are entrusted to serve the community through our ministry of Catholic Health Care. We are the empowered laity – the Greater Company of Mary. Rooted in a deep heritage of prayerful support of the sick and dying, we strive to enhance the sacredness of life and human dignity.”
All volunteers are valuable members of the Little Company of Mary family. There are many benefits of becoming a volunteer, such as:
- Satisfaction of helping others
- Gaining valuable experiences
- Increase knowledge, interests, and understanding
- Discounts on Hospital medical services and purchases in the gift shop
- Participate in social activities with fellow volunteers
- Receive well-deserved respect
At Little Company of Mary, there are a variety of ways in which volunteers can get involved to help and assist others. Volunteers can help by:
- Delivering flowers, mail and menus
- Special projects such as, community education activities, literature, and mailing preparation, raffles, vendor sales, and other special events
- Patient assistance on inpatient unit, central transportation, emergency department, surgical, and visitor reception areas
- Clerical help, telephone, filing, etc.
- Gift shop, assist shoppers
Volunteering is a great way to share your knowledge and time with your community. Studies have shown that volunteers feel higher levels of self-esteem, control over their lives, and general well-being. Our volunteers enhance the effectiveness of the many departments which serve our patients, visitors, and employees. If you or someone you know is interested in becoming a Little Company of Mary volunteer or for more information, please contact Volunteer Resources at 708.229.5280.