If you have diabetes or know someone who does, save the date for our Diabetes Fest on November 13th. Event details:
- What: An informational fair about diabetes.
- Who: For people with diabetes, family members, and friends.
- Where: Little Company of Mary Hospital, 2800 West 95th St, Evergreen Park, IL
- When: Saturday, November 13th, 8a-12p
- Cost: Free!
- RSVP: Reservations required! Call 708-423-5774 or register online.
Registration and light refreshments will start off the day, followed by presentations from several great speakers, including:
- Endocrinologist Dr. Ammar Bayrakdar, on Living with Diabetes
- Opthamologist Mohammad Al-Khudari, on Diabetes and Eye Disease (Diabetic Retinopathy).
- Nutritionists Lisa Micetich and Kristin Bulkley, on Nutrition for Diabetics.
Guests will also have the chance to get information from equipment, insulin and meter representatives before presentations, during intermission and after the presentations are complete. Companies include:
- Insulin: Novo Nordisk, Lilly and Sanofi-Aventis.
- Glucose Meters: Abbott and Roche
- Equipment: Doubek
- Health Education: Little Company of Mary Health Education Center
- Pharmaceutical: Amylin
Diabetes Fest is presented by the Little Company of Mary Hospital Diabetes Center. Certified by the American Diabetes Association, the Diabetes Center provides comprehensive outpatient diabetes services to the community. Patients with diabetes may receive services from two board certified endocrinologists, a registered nurse and a registered dietitian with certification in diabetes education (CDE). The Center offers treatment, nutrition and medication education, support and glucose monitoring for patients and support services for family members. If you’d like to work with the Diabetes Center, call 708.229.5629.
For more information on upcoming Little Company of Mary Events, join our eList.