Every month, we feature a provider as an opportunity for the community to learn more about the great people on staff at Little Company of Mary Hospital. This month, we had the chance to talk with Tricia Deskovich, Advanced Nurse Practitioner (APN) with Little Company of Mary’s Medical Group. Tricia will be seeing patients in Little Company of Mary Hospital’s Mary Potter Physicians Pavilion (2850 West 95th Street) – Suite 101. Read on to get to know Tricia, including why she became a Nurse Practitioner, her number one tip for healthy living and what she does outside the office.
Why did you decide to become a Nurse Practitioner?
- I absolutely love nursing and think it’s the best profession in the world, so I wanted to teach nursing students and share my passion. I completed my MSN with a certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner. This role challenges me and allows me to form meaningful relationships with my patients and their families.
What do you enjoy most about being a Nurse Practitioner?
- Hands down, the relationships that I form with patients and their families.
What is your philosophy of care?
- My philosophy is to care for each person holistically and individually. I want to educate my patients and encourage them to make educated decisions regarding their health.
What do you look forward to the most in working with the patients at LCMH?
- Being given the opportunity to function within a medical group that is focused on a patient-centered medical home, providing the latest technology to heal while adhering to the mission to care. This model allows me to provide excellent, compassionate and holistic care for each patient that I encounter.
What is the number one advice / tip you give your patients for healthy living?
- I love the quote: “You can’t pour from an empty cup.” Taking care of yourself is so important. Rest, exercise, slow down, get health screenings, take a break, laugh, enjoy whatever it is that makes you smile and rejuvenates you!
As a new provider at Little Company, what have you noticed is the best thing Little Company of Mary has to offer patients?
- I love that LCMH offers such a wide variety of specialties. It is having the best care available for patients right here in our neighborhood.
If you hadn’t become a Nurse Practitioner, what would you be doing?
- I would be working (at LCMH!) in Interventional Radiology as a Registered Nurse. It was a love that I discovered late in my nursing career! I spent my time working with an excellent group of people. It was challenging, exciting and I learned new things every day! I believe nursing was my calling and am eager to continue and grow my passion as an Advanced Practice Nurse.
What are your hobbies and interests outside of the office?
- I love to travel, attend sporting events, concerts, and most of all laughing with my family and friends.
Little Company of Mary’s Medical Group has been serving families in Chicago’s Southland and surrounding suburban communities since 1994. Each individual physician office provides clinical excellence above and beyond traditional medicine in a peaceful, clean, and caring environment. The office utilizes the best information and state-of-the-art technology to deliver and manage care and improve the health of the community. To learn more, visit www.LCMMedicalGroup.org today.