Every month, we feature a provider as an opportunity for the community to learn more about the great providers on staff at Little Company of Mary Hospital. This month, we had the chance to talk with Lisa Murphy, APN (Advanced Nurse Practitioner) with Little Company of Mary’s Medical Group. Read on to get to know more about Lisa, including her philosophy of care and what she enjoys most about being a nurse practitioner.
Why did you decide to become a Nurse Practitioner?
- I decided to become a Nurse Practitioner because after many years of practicing as a Registered Nurse, I wanted to advance my degree and clinical responsibilities. I chose to become a Family Nurse Practitioner (FNP) because I enjoy providing care to patients of all ages and believe that disease prevention truly is the best medicine.
What do you enjoy most about being a Nurse Practitioner?
- Nursing is at the heart of everything I do professionally. I love that now I get to practice on an advanced level as a provider. I am really looking forward to my new role in the Breast Health Center because of my experience in this particular area special interest in Women’s Health.
What is your philosophy of care?
- My philosophy of care has always been to treat my patients with kindness. I have found that if I am truly empathetic and really try to understand all of my patients’ needs, I achieve the best patient outcomes. I strive to provide safe, quality, evidence-based care for my patients.
What do you look forward to the most in working with the patients at LCMH?
- Establishing long-lasting and trusting patient-provider relationships is what I am looking forward to most in working with the patients at LCMH. I especially love practicing in the outpatient setting because I can form strong bonds over time with my patients.
What is the number one advice / tip you give your patients for healthy living?
- The number one piece of advice I give to my patients for healthy living is to eat well, sleep enough and move more. Following these very basic concepts can achieve great health outcomes.
As a new provider at Little Company, what have you noticed is the best thing Little Company of Mary has to offer patients?
- I think that the friendly environment is the best thing that Little Company of Mary has to offer patients. I get a very warm feeling every time I come into the hospital, so I would imagine patients probably feel the same way. The staff is very friendly and the providers are dedicated to their patients.
If you hadn’t become a Nurse Practitioner, what would you be doing?
- If I hadn’t become a Nurse Practitioner, I would probably be working as a Professor of Nursing full-time. I love teaching and being a preceptor.
What are your hobbies and interests outside of the office?
- My hobbies and interests outside of the office include spending quality time with my family and friends, running, exercising, and traveling. I love to travel abroad and learn about new cultures and customs.
Lisa Murphy, APN, has joined the following practices:
Dr. Jilma Patrick
The Comprehensive Breast Health Center
2800 West 95th Street
Evergreen Park, IL 60805
Dr. John Herbick and Dr. Ryan Kukor
Mary Potter Physicians Pavilion, Suite 102
2850 West 95th Street
Evergreen Park, IL 60805
Little Company of Mary’s Medical Group has been serving families in Chicago’s Southland and surrounding suburban communities since 1994. Each individual physician office provides clinical excellence above and beyond traditional medicine in a peaceful, clean, and caring environment. The office utilizes the best information and state-of-the-art technology to deliver and manage care and improve the health of the community. To learn more, visit www.LCMMedicalGroup.org today.