Every month, we feature a provider as an opportunity for the community to learn more about the great people on staff at Little Company of Mary Hospital. This month, we had the chance to talk with Radhika Chugh, M.D., Internal Medicine physician with Little Company of Mary’s Medical Group (2800 West 95th Street, Evergreen Park).
Get to know Dr. Chugh, including why she became a physician and her philosophy of care:
Why did you decide to become a physician?
- My Mother is a physician and I always have been inspired by her and wanted to follow in her footsteps. That, combined with my passion for science and making a difference in people’s lives on a personal level, made me choose to become a physician.
How did you choose your specialty?
- I have always wanted to be in a field where I could form lasting relationships with my patients and guide them on their path to wellbeing, which is why it was important for me to concentrate on primary care. Furthermore, during medical school, I was intrigued by the extensive disease process involved in the cases seen in Internal Medicine, which is what led me down this particular journey.
What is your philosophy of care?
- My philosophy of care is to always put my patients first by listening to their needs and concerns and striving to take care of their health-related issues with a personalized health plan.
What do you look forward to the most in working with the patients at LCMH?
- I look forward to getting to know all my patients and collaborating with them as a team on their health goals and concerns.
What is the number one advice / tip you give your patients for healthy living?
- I always advise my patients to eat right and keep physically active.
As a new physician at Little Company of Mary Hospital, what have you noticed is the best thing Little Company of Mary has to offer patients?
- Little Company of Mary Hospital has a very friendly and helpful staff. Everyone has been wonderful in making my transition here easy and I look forward to getting to know this special community.
If you hadn’t become a physician, what would you be doing?
- If I had not become a physician, I would be in a different healthcare related field. Health has always been a passion of mine and I cannot see myself working in any other capacity.
What are your hobbies and interests outside of the office?
- I enjoy spending time with my husband and exploring my new city of Chicago. It is a great town filled with fun activities, good food and great people.
Little Company of Mary’s Medical Group has been serving families in Chicago’s Southland and surrounding suburban communities since 1994. Each individual physician office provides clinical excellence above and beyond traditional medicine in a peaceful, clean, and caring environment. The office utilizes the best information and state-of-the-art technology to deliver and manage care and improve the health of the community. To learn more, visit www.LCMMedicalGroup.org today.