Every month, we feature a provider as an opportunity for the community to learn more about the great people on staff at Little Company of Mary Hospital. This month, we had the chance to talk with Dr. Ebony N. Johnson, family medicine physician with Little Company of Mary’s Medical Group (2800 West 95th Street, Evergreen Park). Read on to get to know Dr. Johnson, including what she enjoys most about being a physician and what she does outside the office.
Why did you decide to become a physician?
- Ever since I was a child, I always wanted to be a doctor. I thought it would be an amazing career to have. As I grew up, I realized I could truly merge my joy of helping people and my love for the health sciences by becoming a physician.
Why did you choose your specialty?
- I really think Family Medicine chose me. Throughout my training, I really enjoyed being able to see a variety of patients, hear their stories and serve as a constant part of their healing and well-being.
What do you enjoy most about being a physician?
- I enjoy the relationships that I form with my patients. Being able to be their confidant, counselor and advisor as well as their physician has proven to be more rewarding than I could have ever imagined.
What is your philosophy of care?
- Prevention is the key to a long healthy life. Do your best every day to stay healthy.
What do you look forward to the most in working with the patients at LCMH?
- I look forwarding to meeting patients who are engaged in their healthcare and working with them to improve their health status.
What is the number one advice / tip you give your patients for healthy living?
- Stay Active! Try to get in some form of exercise at least three days per week
As a new physician at Little Company of Mary Hospital, what have you noticed is the best thing Little Company of Mary has to offer patients?
- LCMH has a truly nurturing approach to patient care. In addition to the many wonderful providers on staff and services available, LCMH also offers various support groups for patients.
If you hadn’t become a physician, what would you be doing?
- Good question! I imagine I would be coaching youth basketball and teaching 7th grade math.
What are your hobbies and interests outside of the office?
- I am an avid runner… Well at least I am trying to be! I also enjoy volunteering with my local college alumni associations sharing my experience and knowledge of the importance of advancing your education with local area youth.
Dr. Johnson will be practicing at the following locations:
- Outpatient Care Center – 6700 West 95th Street, Oak Lawn, IL 60453 – 708.974.7600
- 4901 West 79th Street – Burbank, IL 60459 – 708.422.0300
Little Company of Mary’s Medical Group has been serving families in Chicago’s Southland and surrounding suburban communities since 1994. Each individual physician office provides clinical excellence above and beyond traditional medicine in a peaceful, clean, and caring environment. The office utilizes the best information and state-of-the-art technology to deliver and manage care and improve the health of the community. To learn more, visit www.LCMMedicalGroup.org today.