Every month, we feature a provider as an opportunity for the community to learn more about the great people on staff at Little Company of Mary Hospital. This month, we had the chance to talk with Charles Lawler, M.D., internal medicine physician with the Little Company of Mary Medical Group. Read on to get to know Dr. Lawler:
Care Station East
5660 W. 95th Street
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
Mary Potter Physicians Pavilion
2850 W. 95th St., Suite 205
Evergreen Park, IL 60805
Why did you decide to become a physician?
- Aside from the fact that I always have had a strong desire to help others, my decision to become a physician was deeply influenced by both my father and grandfather. In fact, both of whom practiced medicine here at Little Company of Mary Hospital. Additionally, my great uncle, Dr. Richard Lawler, was on the medical team that performed the very first human organ transplant, which took place right here at Little Company of Mary Hospital!
How did you choose your specialty?
- I chose to specialize in internal medicine and more specifically geriatrics because I truly enjoy the complexity and challenge of adult medicine. I enjoy getting to know my patients and them being able to customize the treatment plans for each patient, then walking alongside them on their healthcare journey.
What is your philosophy of care?
- My philosophy of care emphasizes education and communication. I strive to empower my patients to ultimately make their own healthcare decisions, as they are the key players on our healthcare team.
What do you look forward to the most in working with the patients at LCMH?
- Little Company of Mary has a “family feel” and I look forward to joining this community and providing care to my patients in a place that feels like home. Furthermore, I look forward to working alongside my friend and colleague Dr. Michael McDonnell.
What is the number one advice / tip you give your patients for healthy living?
- I share with my patients the most current recommended screening and society guidelines and I advise them to stick with these in order to maintain a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
As a new physician with the Little Company of Mary Medical Group, what have you noticed is the best thing Little Company of Mary has to offer patients?
- While I have only been at Little Company of Mary Hospital for a short time, I already have quickly noticed the incredible level of care that is offered to patients – both quality-centric and compassionate.
What are your hobbies and interests outside of the office?
- I enjoy fishing, golfing and spending time with my family.
The Little Company of Mary Medical Group has been serving families in Chicago’s Southland and surrounding suburban communities since 1994. Each individual physician office provides clinical excellence above and beyond traditional medicine in a peaceful, clean, and caring environment. The office utilizes the best information and state-of-the-art technology to deliver and manage care and improve the health of the community. To learn more, visit www.LCMMedicalGroup.org today.