Obesity affects far more than just your waistline. It’s a metabolic condition that increases your rish for health problems such as cardiovascular disease and type 2 diabetes. The Little Company of Mary Bariatric Surgery Center is dedicated to safely and effectively treating patients who are chronically 100 pounds or more over their ideal body weight. After living years with the pain of unsuccessful diet and exercise plans, you may lose hope that you can live the happy and healthy life you deserve, that’s why we strive to reduce the problems related to obesity. We offer a complete team of specialists from our bariatric surgeons to a support staff including nutritionists, psychologists and more to provide new answers and options for overcoming obesity and give you the healthier, happier life you deserve.
The Little Company of Mary Bariatric Surgery Center is focused on reducing the pain of surgery as much as possible. That’s why we specialize in minimally invasive laparoscopic techniques including Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass Surgery and the Vertical Sleeve Gastrectomy. With less pain, a lower rate of complications, a shorter hospital stay and a quicker return to normal activities, these procedures let you begin a new lifestyle sooner. And, they represent the latest advancements in bariatric surgery.
Good treatment is important in all areas of our center, not just the operating room. Our staff sees every patient as an individual. Your treatment will be based on many factors and considered carefully. Overcoming obesity requires changing your lifestyle, and we’re here to make sure we take every step with you and provide as much information as needed. Because advanced care should never come at the expense of comfort.
When do you know that dieting is not working and weight loss surgery may be the next step?
- Obesity is a chronic disease that needs management. Many different factors may affect a person’s weight gain, or regain. Most patients that come to us have struggled with their weight for years.
- It is important for patients to know that they should not blame themselves if they have not had success with different weight loss methods in the past.
- Weight loss surgery, along with our comprehensive program, will give patients the ability to lose weight successfully through close follow up and nutritional guidance with our dietitian.
How do I know if I should look into gastric bypass surgery or the sleeve procedure?
- Both procedures are very successful in weight loss.
- Deciding which surgery to have can be difficult. Our surgeons discuss each procedure at length during the first consultation and make recommendations based on patient history and other comorbidities.
- You and your surgeon then decide together which surgery is best for you.
How long is the recovery from weight loss surgery?
- Depending on how physical one’s job is the recovery time after surgery is usually about four to six weeks.
- This is mainly due to a lack of energy in the first few weeks because you will be on a liquid diet for two weeks after surgery.
- Most of our patients go home from the hospital the day after surgery
To learn more about Little Company of Mary’s Bariatric Surgery Program, go to www.lcmh.org/bariatric today.